Microdermabrasion is a technique for removing the topmost layer of skin, leaving it supple and vibrant. TheDiamondTome™ Wand removes the damaged layer of skin by gently exfoliating the skin with natural diamond chips while at the same time vacuuming the dead skin cells away in a sterile and controlled manner. Removing this outer layer of dead skin cells leaves a smoother texture and promotes the growth of healthy new skin cells. Unlike laser skin resurfacing or chemical peels, microdermabrasion requires no downtime and is non-invasive. Your skin will have a radiant glow, free of irritation and fine particles.
Microdermabrasion can help to treat a variety of conditions, including sun-damaged skin on the face, neck, or shoulders; age spots on the hands or face; minor to moderate fine lines around the eyes or on the forehead; acne scars; blackheads and whiteheads; hyperpigmentation; and oily skin.
If you have any of the following you are not a candidate for the service and needs cancelled/rescheduled
- Active cold sores, sunburned, rash/irritated skin, on Accutane or use within 6 months.
- Cosmetic procedures Botox/filler within 2 weeks
- 1st trimester of pregnancy
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
If you have any of the following you may still get the service but must be advised you may be more sensitive and have more chance of a reaction
- Use of Retin-A, Retinols, active acne, moles, warts, sores, recently waxed skin
Prior to Appointment
- Stop use of Retin-A, Retinols for 3-5 days
- No Botox or Fillers for 2 weeks prior
- No Waxing for 3-5 days prior
- You may leave pink/red
- You may apply makeup
- You may experience some flakiness – use extra moisturizer as needed
- Although rare, you may have sensitive areas like brush burn – use aquaphor or Neosporin
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 week
- Avoid Retin–a, retinols, glycolics for 3-5 days