Microneedling therapy with Natural Growth Factor Injections is “Hollywood’s Hottest Secret,” and Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) is a minimally invasive skin-rejuvenation procedure involving using a pen-shaped device containing 12 very fine needles. The needles are used to puncture the skin to create a controlled skin injury. With the addition of Natural Growth Factor Injections, you can take the treatment to the next level. Each puncture creates a channel that triggers the body to fill these microscopic wounds by producing new collagen and elastin. At the same time, Natural Growth Factor Injections enhances the healing of your skin cells while increasing the growth factors of your skin. The two therapies work together to create a treatment that brings better results than each part alone.
Microneedling $370 | Microneedling with Natural Growth Factor Injections $630
If you have any of the following you are not a candidate for the service and need cancelled/rescheduled
- Active breakouts or open lesions
- Allergy to stainless steel, or bleeding disorder that inhibits clotting or healing
- On Accutane or use of Accutane within 6 months.
- Must be off blood thinners, aspirin, ibuprofen and omega 3 for 1 week
- MRSA, HIV/AIDS
If you have any of the following you may still get the service but must be advised you may be more sensitive and have more chance of a reaction
- If on autoimmune therapy, ask your physician if you should refrain from taking any medications prior to procedure.
- Prone to cold sores or keloid scarring
- If you have warts, moles, acne, eczema, psoriasis, sores, sunburned, rash, immunosuppressive therapy, Diabetes, Rosacea
- Allergy to topical anesthetic
Prior to Appointment
- Arrive with no makeup
- If you are prone to herpes simplex infections, such as cold sores, notify our office and we will start you on antiviral medication 2 days prior to procedure and continue 2 days following procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure 24 hours prior
- Discontinue the use of topical products containing retinol or Vitamin A for 3 days prior to your procedure
Post Appointment (18 – 24 hours post procedure)
- Avoid strenuous exercise or excessive perspiration, as excess blood flow and sweat can cause discomfort and irritation to compromised skin
- Only used approved ZO products as instructed by your provider
- Use only the products and product regimen recommended by esthetician
- Strictly avoid sun exposure as you will not be wearing sunscreen. Continue to minimize sun exposure for one week following the procedure.
The SkinPen Precision is the only FDA-approved microneedling device in the US. It is the only device that has been clinically proven to be safe and effective. The SkinPen slides along the skin, penetrating the upper layers of the skin to a depth of up to 2.5 mm to create numerous tiny needle wounds. The procedure prompts the body to respond through the creation of new collagen and elastin fibers. In response to the stimulus, the skin plumps and thickens, reducing the appearance of scars and fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Mild to moderate acne scarring; any new or old scars
- Fine lines and wrinkles;
- Loose, lax skin;
- Skin texture and pore size
- Stretch marks
- Age spots
- Blotchy skin coloring
Most people will experience redness and mild swelling similar to a mild sunburn for 24-48 hours, and there may be minimal pin-point bleeding. Within a week or two, you will notice that your skin is smoother and more radiant looking, but the full effects won’t be seen until a few months later.
Microneedling can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks until you achieve the desired results. We recommend starting with 4 treatments for collagen induction, but with a minimum separation time of 4 to 6 weeks between treatments. For scar reduction, an average of 3 to 6 treatments are recommended. The number of treatments required will depend on how each individual responds to the treatments and the extent of the damage at the beginning. Microneedling can be used on all skin parts of the body (neck, décolleté, arms, legs, etc). Most people will begin to see results after the very first appointment.
To ensure the right healing environment, for 2-3 days, do not use AHA’s (glycolic Acid), retinol, acidic or “active” ingredients. You should also avoid exposure to the sun, or you should use a zinc-based sunblock.
Skin inflammation is extremely short-lived and fades dramatically within hours from redness to pinkish, which may last for 12 to 48 hours. We recommend using ZO Medical Revitatrol immediately after the procedure and protecting the skin with Aestique Sheer Mineral Spf 40 zinc-based sunblock to reduce visible redness. To achieve optimal results from this procedure, ZO Medical C-Bright and Retamax should be added to the skincare regimen once the visible redness has been minimized. The use of Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup is also recommended after this procedure.
- Dramatically increases the effectiveness and penetration of active ingredients in topical preparation
- Stimulates circulation and collagen production
- Medical grade titanium needles make it non-allergenic to human tissue
- Cost-effective compared to other resurfacing procedures
- It can be performed on all skin types, including ethnic skin
- It can be used on all areas of the scalp, face, body, including fragile skin like around eyes, mouth, and neck
An anesthetic cream can be applied beforehand to minimize any pain.
Medical Microneedling is safe to use on all skin types and all skin colors.